Monday, December 8, 2014

The Christmas season is upon us

Since my last post, we've set up our Christmas tree, Nik's dad came for a visit and then Nik's parents both left to return to Thailand. Now that it's back to just me, Nik and the kids, and while we're missing the help that we got from Nik's mom, we're trying to figure out a rhythm that works in our family. So far, we have Nik sleeping alone in the office so he can be well-rested to take care of Kai in the morning while I sleep in the master bedroom with Sora. Also for the record, whoever penned the saying, "sleeping like a baby," obviously never had a baby because it's nearly impossible to sleep in the same room as Sora. All night, she grunts and cries out in her sleep and the only reason I can sleep in the same room with her is because of sheer exhaustion. We've nicknamed Sora our "little grunter". Hopefully, it will get better in time. I vaguely remember Kai being like this as well, although Nik insists that Sora is louder than he was.

She never sleeps so calmly at night...

We love Kai's new-found love for hamming it up for the camera.


"More pictures please."

Photo bomb!

Kai continues to be fascinated by Sora, though ensuring that he's gentle when he interacts with her can be a challenge.


And another adorable Kai picture, just for good measure (and because I can't resist).

No comments:

Post a Comment