Yesterday, I noticed a teeny blister on my middle finger, I thought nothing of it until I also noticed a blister on thumb and big toe. I showed Nik and his response was, "meh," until I noticed that I also had some sores in my mouth.. blisters on my hands and feet, and in my mouth equals hand foot and mouth disease. Nik contends that I only gave him 2/3 of the information that he needed to make a diagnosis and that hand foot and mouth disease is not an emergency. :P Unfortunately, Sora has not escaped unscathed.. she has been cranky today and has a few little blisters on her feet. So far, everyone else seems to be doing okay and I'm trying hard to ensure that it stays that way.
This past weekend was jam packed with social activities (which may be how Sora and I got sick :/). On Friday, we went to small group as usual. I'm happy to say that Kai is finally doing better during small group babysitting and during church nursery. Sora still hangs out with us during the Bible study and demolished our study outline.
On Saturday, I took the kids to the library and while Sora snoozed, Kai gorged himself on a buffet of books. We haven't taken him to the library recently and I think he's finally realized that the library has a purpose beyond just being a fun place to run around. When we went to check out the books, Kai insisted that, "Kai-Kai do it!" He says that all the time, nowadays.. toddlers.
I then took the kids out to Annie and Quincy's baby shower luau.. quite the adventure since I went on my own with both of the kids. Fortunately, our church friends and Holly came to the rescue, and I managed to survive.
On Sunday we took the kids to church as usual and then while Nik went off to work, I headed to Fremont with the kids.
Kai is developing a sense a humor and has become quite the entertainer/comedian. One of his new shticks is pretending to fall and saying, "Kai-Kai fall!" He was doing this at my parents' house trying to get my mom's attention while she was on the phone saying, "Kai-Kai fall, Po Po!" over and over.
Sora finally discovered her toes just a little bit ago and loves to suck on them when she gets chance.
We've also been (a lot) less stringent with Sora's solid food feeding protocol, just this week, she had bagel, tofu and BBQ pork.
Watching Kai and Sora interact continues to be awesome, Kai remains the bossy, yet protective and doting big brother while Sora watches Kai's every move.
And just one more...
This past weekend was jam packed with social activities (which may be how Sora and I got sick :/). On Friday, we went to small group as usual. I'm happy to say that Kai is finally doing better during small group babysitting and during church nursery. Sora still hangs out with us during the Bible study and demolished our study outline.
On Saturday, I took the kids to the library and while Sora snoozed, Kai gorged himself on a buffet of books. We haven't taken him to the library recently and I think he's finally realized that the library has a purpose beyond just being a fun place to run around. When we went to check out the books, Kai insisted that, "Kai-Kai do it!" He says that all the time, nowadays.. toddlers.
I then took the kids out to Annie and Quincy's baby shower luau.. quite the adventure since I went on my own with both of the kids. Fortunately, our church friends and Holly came to the rescue, and I managed to survive.
On Sunday we took the kids to church as usual and then while Nik went off to work, I headed to Fremont with the kids.
![]() |
| Helping herself to a bagel at church |
Kai is developing a sense a humor and has become quite the entertainer/comedian. One of his new shticks is pretending to fall and saying, "Kai-Kai fall!" He was doing this at my parents' house trying to get my mom's attention while she was on the phone saying, "Kai-Kai fall, Po Po!" over and over.
![]() |
| "Kai-Kai funny!" |
Sora finally discovered her toes just a little bit ago and loves to suck on them when she gets chance.
We've also been (a lot) less stringent with Sora's solid food feeding protocol, just this week, she had bagel, tofu and BBQ pork.
| Sneaking a sip from big brother's sippy cup |
| Meat! |
Watching Kai and Sora interact continues to be awesome, Kai remains the bossy, yet protective and doting big brother while Sora watches Kai's every move.
And just one more...
![]() |
| Cutie Kai |






No comments:
Post a Comment