Part of the reason why I post here is not only to share adorable pictures of our kids, but also to help augment my memory. Undoubtedly, I would not remember a lot of the things that happen day to day if I didn't have a place to process it, synthesize it and write it out. So here's a picture-less post (mostly for my own sake).
For weeks, Kai has been adding "yao shi" to everything he was saying, "Baba, yao shi," "water, yao shi," and so forth.. seemingly using the phrase in lieu of "please." I had no idea what he meant until just a week ago, it finally occurred to me that he was saying "lao shi," Mandarin for "teacher." So I suppose that he has picked up a little bit of Mandarin from his Mandarin-speaking daycare after all (even though he has no idea what he's saying). :P
Also, today Sora discovered her voice. Usually she vocalizes mostly with high-pitched, excited screeches, but today she had a lot of fun just making sounds, like "aaaah." I think she may end up speaking earlier than Kai.
No comments:
Post a Comment