The week just flew by and now it's already Friday. This week, we started Sora in daycare. My feelings are mixed: I'm torn between relief/sadness/guilt, but it has been nice to have some time to ourselves again. Nik dropped the kids off on the first day and stayed with the kids while they acclimated, while I anxiously watched the daycare webcams at home, hoping to catch a glimpse of the kids. Of course, they
both cried when Nik left.
That afternoon, Nik and I went on a quasi-celebratory lunch date (our first child-free outing for months). Just being able to sit down and eat at a restaurant without having to worry about the kids was liberating.
We picked up the kids early from daycare that day and took them out for frozen yogurt as a reward for what was undoubtedly a tough day. Miss Sun assures me that Sora is doing better day by day. I'm hoping that my bold little girl will acclimate quickly to daycare, perhaps having Kai there will help ease the transition.
I've been using this extra time to check out preschools for Kai. I can't believe it's almost time to send Kai to preschool and sometimes it feels like I'm just getting bombarded by information, but I hope we can find a school where Kai will thrive!
Rewinding back to this past weekend.. the weather was beautiful on Saturday and we took the opportunity to spend plenty of time outdoors. The kids were walking around the neighborhood and I noticed that Sora is actually the same height as a fire hydrant. I hope you grow taller, little girl!
 |
| Getting a boost |
We then ventured off to
Magical Bridge Playground, designed to be accessible to all children in spite of disabilities, the playground offered a lot of unique and neat play structures. Kai and Sora enjoyed all the spinning play structures and the laser harp (only in Palo Alto!). Sora, our little socialite, even made friends with a family while exploring the playground.
 |
| ADA accessible swings |
 |
| In spite of the look of terror, she actually is having fun. |
On Sunday, we attended church as usual and then quickly head off to Lord's Grace Christian Church where David was getting officially installed as one of the pastoral staff. Kai and Sora enjoyed running around the expansive church grounds, though we did have an unfortunate (and messy) code brown incident (oh, the joys of potty training!).
We then had a celebratory big family dinner with David in Redwood City. The kids enjoyed the paella and afterwards, Nik, the kids and I went on a nostalgic walking tour of the downtown. We stopped at a boba place for dessert and the kids loved it!
I'm trying to have Sora grow her hair out, though it's now at a length where it gets into her eyes. Unfortunately, my little girl loves to pull out any cute barrettes that I put in her hair, so I need brush back her hair all the time and snap a picture whenever I can.
Kai seems to be more interested in eating and has been a little easier to manage lately. Perhaps this means that three may be easier than two? Wishful thinking. :P He's a silly boy and loves to play with whatever he has on hand.
 |
| Sora now helps us feed Kai :P |
 |
| Fun with kids' flossers.. |
 |
| .. and pants. |
And we've had the usual rotation of family helping us care for the kids. Thank goodness for family!
No comments:
Post a Comment