Nik and I have caved into the the recent Pokemon Go craze.. though we're not
really into it (after all, we do have responsibilities and two young children), I have to admit that it's a fun diversion to see Pokemon in the augmented reality world.
 |
| A wild Zubat in Popeye's |
Nowadays when we go to my parents' house, Kai likes to take Brownie out for a walk and he's surprisingly good at it. Walking around the neighborhood with the kids is a two person job, because Kai covers a lot more distance than Sora. Sora walked past a record setting 12 houses this past Sunday, though she's constantly getting distracted by leaves, flowers, dirt, cars, etc.
We continue to try to give Kai more responsibilities. We're beginning to let him brush his own teeth, although we always brush his teeth afterwards. I volunteered to let him brush my teeth the other day and he really enjoyed having the tables turned. We also let the kids "clean up" after dinner today.. although I had to follow up with a more thorough cleaning afterwards.
 |
| Starting them young |
I worked last weekend, so Nik took the kids out to back-to-back birthday parties on his own. Although it was tiring for Nik, the kids had fun. Sora was really interested in playing with the big kids at David's birthday party, but got eliminated first while playing hot potato and both kids really enjoyed the ice cream from Noe's birthday party.
 |
| "The toppings are the best part!" |
Kai and some of his daycare friends will be starting preschool in August and we're sad that this little group of friends will soon be disbanded. When I picked up the kids from daycare this evening, Kai ran to the schoolyard asking, "Where are my friends?" until we finally found them playing in the school auditorium, hiding from the summer heat. Hopefully we'll be able to keep in touch in the future.
All the same, we've been hearing from Miss Sun that Kai and Sora fight a lot during the day so perhaps it's best that they part ways for a bit.
 |
| Not fighting when they're distracted by TV |
 |
| "Who me? Troublemaker? Nooo..." |
No comments:
Post a Comment