[Note: I wrote this post at the beginning of July and I'm publishing it just now, so the time references probably don't make any sense. :P]
It's been so busy lately that it's been difficult to keep up with this blog. I will (eventually) finish my blog posts about our So Cal trip in April and last week's camping trip, but those will need to wait until I have a little more time to sit down and write.
June was filled with a number of transitions: Kai graduated from preschool and Sora advanced from Ladybug to Butterfly. Although Kai graduated, he's still attending Agape through the summer, so it's not much of a transition yet.. still, it felt like a milestone to see my little big kid wearing a cap and gown. At bedtime yesterday I asked Kai if he was excited for kindergarten and starting a new school, and he replied that he was "a little shy to start at a new school." A few of his classmates from Agape will also be attending Noble, so I hope that will help facilitate the transition.
Sora moved over to Butterfly to join Kai's class for the summer. For me, it's been awesome since there is only one location to drop off in the morning now. This will be the last time that they'll ever be in the same school classroom together. I made cupcakes to help Sora celebrate her "graduation" from Ladybug. With Kai in the class, her transition to Butterfly has been seamless.
We also welcomed Grandma Udom back from Portland in the beginning of June. The kids have been enjoying spending time with their Grandma and having a spare set of arms is always helpful these days!
As I mentioned before we returned from a camping trip just over a week ago. I'll write about that in a separate post since there's the usual glut of pictures from when we travel. But we've been keeping busy through the summer. We hung out with Viet and Lin (and their respective kids) for Taco Tuesday a few weeks ago, and saw them again this past weekend to celebrate Marco's birthday.
We also got an annual membership to Happy Hollow since our membership to the Children's Discovery Museum expired and since our kids are more interested in rides than before. Kai rode all of the rides, including the roller coaster! No longer my fearless girl, Sora was interested, but chickened out last minute on some of the bigger kid rides.
We had an early Father's Day dinner at Outback Steakhouse with my parents and on Sunday, I got the kids out of Nik's hair for a little while to work on a craft project.
Kai had a stomach bug at the beginning of July and passed it onto the rest of the family (Nik still hasn't recovered completely and it's now nearly the end of July) and Sora's sleep is still touch and go, so that's probably part of the reason as to why it's taken me so long to complete this post. It's been a fun and busy summer (Joe and the family just visited and took Grandma Udom back up to Portland, and the kids just completed a two week swim camp), I will try to post more by the end of the this week to catch this blog up to current events.
It's been so busy lately that it's been difficult to keep up with this blog. I will (eventually) finish my blog posts about our So Cal trip in April and last week's camping trip, but those will need to wait until I have a little more time to sit down and write.
June was filled with a number of transitions: Kai graduated from preschool and Sora advanced from Ladybug to Butterfly. Although Kai graduated, he's still attending Agape through the summer, so it's not much of a transition yet.. still, it felt like a milestone to see my little big kid wearing a cap and gown. At bedtime yesterday I asked Kai if he was excited for kindergarten and starting a new school, and he replied that he was "a little shy to start at a new school." A few of his classmates from Agape will also be attending Noble, so I hope that will help facilitate the transition.
![]() |
| My preschool grad <3 |
![]() |
| Emily is one of Kai's good friends from school |
![]() |
| How about graduating from drooling, Jad? |
Sora moved over to Butterfly to join Kai's class for the summer. For me, it's been awesome since there is only one location to drop off in the morning now. This will be the last time that they'll ever be in the same school classroom together. I made cupcakes to help Sora celebrate her "graduation" from Ladybug. With Kai in the class, her transition to Butterfly has been seamless.
![]() |
| Jad stayed for a little bit of circle time on one of Sora's last days at Ladybug. Sora was so proud and excited! |
![]() |
| Silly Sora :P |
![]() |
| With Teachers Frida and Jovita |
![]() |
| Sora's first day at Butterfly |
We also welcomed Grandma Udom back from Portland in the beginning of June. The kids have been enjoying spending time with their Grandma and having a spare set of arms is always helpful these days!
![]() |
| Crawfish boil! |
As I mentioned before we returned from a camping trip just over a week ago. I'll write about that in a separate post since there's the usual glut of pictures from when we travel. But we've been keeping busy through the summer. We hung out with Viet and Lin (and their respective kids) for Taco Tuesday a few weeks ago, and saw them again this past weekend to celebrate Marco's birthday.
![]() |
| Taco Tuesday aways ends with everyone running around and climbing |
![]() |
| "C'mon Uncle Viet, you know you want a third kid." (Uncle Viet looks skeptical :P) |
We also got an annual membership to Happy Hollow since our membership to the Children's Discovery Museum expired and since our kids are more interested in rides than before. Kai rode all of the rides, including the roller coaster! No longer my fearless girl, Sora was interested, but chickened out last minute on some of the bigger kid rides.
![]() |
| Who's driving this thing?? |
![]() |
| Though the rides are fun, the kids still love climbing around a good playground |
We had an early Father's Day dinner at Outback Steakhouse with my parents and on Sunday, I got the kids out of Nik's hair for a little while to work on a craft project.
![]() |
| Father's Day craft time! (the gift was primarily taking care of the kids while Nik got some rest) |
Kai had a stomach bug at the beginning of July and passed it onto the rest of the family (Nik still hasn't recovered completely and it's now nearly the end of July) and Sora's sleep is still touch and go, so that's probably part of the reason as to why it's taken me so long to complete this post. It's been a fun and busy summer (Joe and the family just visited and took Grandma Udom back up to Portland, and the kids just completed a two week swim camp), I will try to post more by the end of the this week to catch this blog up to current events.
![]() |
| Sick Kai.. no picture of the rest of the sick family, but it was pretty miserable :( |





















No comments:
Post a Comment