Monday, January 21, 2019

Super blood wolf moon

This Friday, Nik and I managed to go out for a rare lunch date. We went out to a nearby ramen place. Decent, though not extraordinary; honestly, we're not willing to drive out just for better food these days. Time is precious, so having a decent ramen place nearby is awesome. Jad is a funny baby. He's always trying to emulate Kai and Sora, and sometimes he refuses to eat unless he's using a utensil (which means he doesn't eat since he doesn't have fine motor control yet -_-).

Poking at the ramen ≠ eating ramen

This Saturday, Nik and I were both at home with the kids, we considered going out, it just never happened. I ended up taking Sora out to the creek to play during Jad's morning nap (for some reason Kai did not want to go, and it's impossible to convince him otherwise once he has an idea in his head).

Making sure her skirt doesn't get wet!

And during Jad's afternoon nap, the kids helped the Chells clear out branches as they trimmed a tree in their front yard. The kids were actually able to be helpful and it was an awesome afternoon diversion. In the evening we went to a Lunar New Year celebration at the Milpitas Community Center. It wasn't nearly as entertaining as I had hoped (way too much talking).


On Sunday, I took the kids over to my parents' and as I was driving over, there was a beautiful rainbow arching through the sky. The kids asked me to "take a picture so we can remember this forever." I did.. though it definitely wasn't the safe thing to do.

Don't try this at home, kids

It had been raining a lot last week, so we didn't expect to catch the lunar eclipse last night. But we were fortunate enough to have a break in the rain just as the eclipse reached totality. My camera phone picture obviously didn't do it any justice, but it was amazing to see and we feel lucky to have caught it. The kids were already asleep, so they didn't get to see it either, but I'm sure there will be other eclipses.


Kai was off of school today for MLK. Though Sora's preschool was not closed today, it's difficult to take her to school when Kai didn't have to go, so we ended up keeping her at home with us. This afternoon we went to Happy Hollow with the Ngs. The park was so crowded because of the MLK holiday (we're used to visiting on random weekdays), but the kids enjoyed running around and playing with each other, and it was great to hang out and catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment