So we're only a week into summer vacation and we've already been to Villasport twice, we swam in our neighbor's pool, and we had a church swim party this afternoon. That's a lot of swimming, but the weather was up to the 100's last week. Kai was initially a little nervous about getting back into swimming, but going four times this week seems to have done the trick.
Good times when it's a 100 degrees out and your neighbor has a pool..
.. but Villasport works too :)
We also went to Sweet Tomatoes for the first time in a while.. we weren't able to go during the school year because we always had to hustle the kids off to bed, but now that it's summer vacation, we can be a little more lenient with bedtime.
Jad approves of Sweet Tomatoes
I took the kids to Happy Hollow on Friday since our annual pass expires at the end of the month. We spent 4 1/2 hours at the park and I wish I had pictures to prove it, but I forgot my phone at home. It was actually kind of refreshing to not have my phone on me. It kept me focused on the kids and the kids weren't able to pester me to look at my phone. They kept forgetting that I didn't have my phone on me and would ask me to take pictures. :P I may try to go out without my phone again but I'll plan to bring a digital camera with me next time.. I still like to have pictures.
Happy Hollow was good. Sora rode the roller coaster for the first time and Kai rode the roller coaster without a grown up sitting next to him for the first time (both were only a little bit nervous). For some reason, Sora has never liked the rides where they measure her height with a measuring stick (doesn't make sense to me either), but she finally seems to have gotten over that. Kai and Sora both touched a Madagascar hissing cockroach during an animal meet and greet. The kids are starting to get a little more out of Happy Hollow, so I'm a little sad that our annual membership is expiring soon, but I'm sure we can find other ways to amuse ourselves.
Today was the culmination of Sora's dance class, we went to her dance recital which was just held in the dance studio. Sora seemed a little nervous when she first walked out, but she eventually warmed up and did a great job (the crying in the background of the video was a cranky, too-tired Jad). She enjoyed wearing her fancy dance costume and didn't want to take it off afterwards.
With teachers Miss Meiling and Miss Tony
We're low to the ground because Kai insisted on posing like this -_-
No comments:
Post a Comment