Monday, September 28, 2020

2020 Jadisms

This year has been really rough, not just for us, mind you, really for everyone.  We're all doing the best we can and honestly counting our blessings because we're better off than many others during this pandemic, wildfire, economic shutdown, racial division, police brutality, political upheaval and general craziness of 2020.  Kai and Sora have been having a harder time.  They are doing as well as can be expected with their distance learning and, academically, I have no concerns about where they are but socially, they are both suffering from the lack of regular interaction with friends as well as regular adults.  More regression into selfishness, more tantrums and anger, more refusing to listen.  Sigh, we're doing our best to keep a level head but it's tough, especially when one of us is away at work and it's just 1-on-3 at home.  

I will say that Jad has generally remained a joy.  He is still stubborn and has his own nonsensical preferences for many things, like wanted to spoon up food by himself and dropping it all over or lining up his stuffies in just the right order in his crib but he is just so darn cute.  Over the past 6 months, he has been talking a lot more and now is often running his mouth nonstop, as if to compete with Kai and Sora for attention.  We thought we should write down some of the things he said recently so we don't forget how cute he has been..

"I scared. I scared." -generally said about everything he doesn't like, mostly happens on the way to daycare but often applied to new foods that aren't plain rice or bread, activities he doesn't care for or doesn't want to do, bathroom or toilet because we're potty training..

"No I like it." -actually means 'I don't like it' in bad toddler grammar.  Also sometimes says, "No, I want it" so don't try to give it to me!

"for some reason" -Jad's answer to any Why question that he doesn't really know the answer to.  Like Jad, why did you take off your pants?  or Jad, why don't you eat your egg?  

"me first" -usually said after we've read to him, gotten him into bed and sang to him.  Don't you dare say good night first or I'll yell and scream, you have to wait til I'm ready to say, "night, night" otherwise I'm not sleeping, which means you're not sleeping either.

"KaiSora" -a singular entity that encompasses both of his older siblings.  Recently, he was somewhere with Sora and he still asked, "Where's KaiSora?" by which he meant, where's Kai? 

"You're my best friend" -said out of nowhere to Amy after he gives her a good night hug and kiss while walking away to go to his bedroom



Love them, even if they are driving us crazy..

-nik

No comments:

Post a Comment