Looking at the title, you would think maybe something bad is happening but actually this is good news :)
I have just recently begun to work more in the Kaiser minor injury clinic. This means that about two days a week, most Mondays and Tuesdays, I'm working in the clinic .. the schedule is more consistent, it's not as stressful as the ER and the clinic staff is great to work with. As an added bonus, since the clinic is about 6 miles from home, I can bike to work! I'm still in the ER but about half as much as before and no more overnight shifts. It's a bit of change but I think it'll give me more time to focus on Amy, the kids and myself.
Since I'm in front of the computer more now, I'm also going to try to update the blog weekly. Though this last year has been tough, things are looking up. Amy finished the trail half marathon that she had been training for and is already looking forward to the next one. Kai's 8th birthday was last week and we had a good time celebrating with friends, family and neighbors. Kai and Sora are back in school for two afternoons a week. It's short but they really enjoy seeing their friends and teacher. Jad remains rather opinionated for a 3 year old but we're trying hard to be firm and not indulge him too much. The weather is basically perfect right now here, warm in the daytime and brisk at night. We're trying to keep getting outdoors and took the kids rock climbing outdoors with some friends this past weekend.
Take care, everyone!
-Nik
| My (shared) office with commute bike |
No comments:
Post a Comment