Wednesday, June 2, 2021

1st post-COVID illness / Memorial Day / Last Week of School / Jad's bed upgrade

This week:

Last week, Kai picked up some sort of viral illness (just a runny nose and mild cough) then promptly passed it along to the rest of us.  We've all gotten over it already but it did seem somewhat momentous as our first illness as our society gets going back towards normal. 

A truly epic post sneeze snot-fall

Memorial Day weekend was nice and warm.  I worked a lot but Amy and the kids spent much of the day at the Villa Sport pool.  Our neighbors were there too which was a nice bonus.

Lunch at In-n-Out before hitting the pool

This current week is the last week of school.  Thank goodness for the end of this weird school year.. I hope we are back to normal in the Fall (assuming COVID numbers stay down).  I think we're all looking forward to a mostly carefree summer.  We're planning a road trip to Portland in June and Kai (maybe Sora) will enroll in a new jujitsu gym but otherwise, hoping for a mostly carefree summer!

Kids attack!

Lastly, Jad finally asked us last week if he could take the side rail off of his crib.  He's been it in for much longer than Kai and Sora so we said ok.  It has taken a week of restless sleep but I think he's now used to it.  Littlest is growing up .. a bit 😢 but mostly 😃

Restless nights..











No comments:

Post a Comment