This past week was Thanksgiving. The kids were off school for the whole week (I remember only getting Thursday and Friday off as a kid.. hmmmm) so we did our best to keep them occupied. I had a fair bit of work but we were still able to get together with Amy's family. Matt and Nicole were able to come up from SoCal so it was very nice to see them both. David and Sunny's family came too so we had a nice family celebration.
![]() |
| David smoked a 15 lb turkey and it was delicious! Also made a great soup the day after |
We also tapped Matt and Nicole for baby sitting on the Friday as both Amy and I had work. The kids had a lot of fun with them on a hike and then playing some games.
![]() |
| Uno with the Huang Boys. Jad is learning how to play on his own too. |
Speaking of games, I've been playing some Halo Infinite on the Xbox. For those not in the know, Halo Infinite is the conclusion of a very long saga which started with Halo: Combat Evolved on the original Xbox. I don't play too much these days (and only when the kids are in bed or away) and Halo 4 and 5 were lackluster but this game has been a lot of fun when I can sneak it in. I'm pretty invested in the outcome of the story/campaign as well though I am poised to be disappointed. Don't screw it up, 343!!
![]() |
| Hehee, splattered two peeps with my Ghost |
One of our neighbors is also moving out. Actually, the renters are moving out and the owner's family is moving back in but they had a big dumpster out in front this week and the RCC gang has been having a good time picking through their stuff. There were pogs and magic cards and old DVD's. Good times, teaching the kids about reusing and recycling.
| Vic caught Sora and I scavenging |
This past weekend, Amy also had a macaron making class with the neighbors. Renay, one of our other neighbors, is apparently very good at making macarons and has given classes before. Vic roped her into giving the bakers in our group class and a good time was had by all. Kegan and the dads helped to watch the kids and no children were injured in the making of these fancy cookies.
| Cooking class.. with Tien and Tam too! |
![]() |
| The final product! Quite tasty, if a bit too sweet.. |
Kai has been sick a lot lately. First, he had a runny nose which Jad brought home from daycare. Then Sora got a stomach virus and Kai followed with diarrhea for several days. Then this week, he got a cough .. sigh. It was very minor but he had to come home from school and get a COVID test. Sigh, COVID, I curse you..
![]() |
| Self-swabbing at school |
Lastly, Tam's birthday was this week. Her actual party is on Saturday but the RCC crew cannot resist any excuse to party so we had a 'practice' party on Monday evening. Spontaneous dinner, drinks and cake for the Gang O' Five.
| I think the parents had more fun than the kids |
We didn't realize that Terry was an amateur photographer! He's got a light diffuser umbrella and all. Next year we're taking Xmas pics at his house! This is the RCC crew :)
![]() |
| One of our silly pics |
December begins tomorrow!






No comments:
Post a Comment