Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Lunch time exercise // Rotary playground // Tree work // Kai Jujitsu // Visit to the ER

 Not too much going on this week..

Since the beginning of the year, with the Omicron spike, I haven't been going to the gym much and trying to exercise at home is always very difficult.  Hopefully as the weather gets nicer, I can start to bike to the clinic again but for now I'm trying to incorporate exercise into each clinic day by doing push-ups, sit-ups and squats.  It's not perfect but does get me moving in a day when I'm mostly at the desk.  The hardest part is getting going at the beginning of lunch hour when I'm hungry but I'm trying to allay that by eating a snack at 11am.  Let's see how long I can keep it up!

On the yoga mat on the office floor

I was away at work this past Saturday so Amy took the kids out to the Rotary playground.  We haven't been there for a long time (it was also closed for much of the last 2 years) but it was a lot of fun for them.  I remember we would always go there, then go to Petsmart to look at the animals, go to Sweet Tomatoes  (we miss you, unlimited buffets!) to eat and then Trader Joe's for groceries and lollipops.  It was a whole day thing :)

Strike a pose, kids!

They loved the merry go round

There was a crazy wind one day this past week and a number of things got blown around our yard.  One of the trees in our front yard, which was already mostly dead, had a big branch break off. It didn't fall but is suspended in the branches and quite hazard.  Yesterday, our helpful neighbors showed up and we tried to push it down to no avail.  While that probably means it's stuck up there for good, we are hiring a tree service to take down the whole tree.

This will make quite a story later
when Kegan shows up in the ER :D

Randomly, Sunny and Pam got puffy jackets for all the kids and also for the grandparents.  So nice!

Bunch of Puffins!

Kai also started back into Jujitsu this week.  He had to be convinced to go to Lute but Amy says that when he got there he quite enjoyed it.  I'm glad and hopefully, it'll help him with discipline as well as self control as he continues to get bigger.

Back to rollin'

Lastly, Amy's dad fell yesterday.  While Amy's mom was out, he apparently thought it was a good idea to stand up on a toolbox and try to replace the furnace filter.  Amy rushed over and it turned out he was ok but she took him to the ER at Washington Hospital.  I must say it sounds like they are more backed up than we are and it took from 7pm when they arrived to 1am before he got a head CT, stitched up and discharged.  Luckily, everything is ok.  It's nice that we live so close to Amy's parents and can help them out.

Gotta get a shot for the 'gram 

Til next time, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment