Tuesday, December 24, 2024

Nearing Year end // Merry Christmas, everyone!

 It's Christmas eve and, of course, the clinic is still open so I had to work today.  I guess that's just the profession we've chosen but sometimes I am envious of the people who get two weeks off for company holiday shut downs.  Still today someone told me I was a "lifesaver" because his infected finger was hurting so much so I'm glad I was able to help a fellow human being.  Medicine is definitely at a nadir these days but at least, my job situation is good and I am doing something good with my work :) A small comfort when Jad woke up this morning to find me gone and he cried so hard, Amy had to call to have me talk to him.  Who knows how much longer this kid (or anyone really) will cry so hard just because they miss you.

Kai and Sora both had their winter concerts for school.  Kai is continuing violin and Sora with both violin and piano.  I'm glad they both can enjoy learning a foundation in music, something I never had a chance to do as a kid.  It shows when I try to sing or keep any sort of rhythm :D

Every 6 months or so, we borrow nice
clothes from the Aoalins for Kai's concerts

Great job, Kai!

We went out to Kakuna Sushi to celebrate after

Sora in the violin section
Sora and Olivia :)

Amy and I will usually have at least one lunch date every week, because we usually can't get out after dinner and kids' bedtime.  It's still fun to go our and explore new eats and visit old favorites.

Yummy Tofu in Campbell.. this was the first restaurant that we took
Kai out to in a carrier.  We also wrote one of the first reviews for them
on Yelp!  They are super busy/popular now

Checked out a new Vietnamese place with
turmeric noodles.. not bad but not as flavorful as hoped

When my mom passed away last year, my dad decided to donate her body to the medical school in Chiang-Mai.  I have seen that from the medical student side so wasn't specifically in favor of the plan but also didn't want to interfere with what my parents had decided.  Recently, they had a ceremony for the families at the medical school.  My dad said it was very nice and good time to remember mom.

A nice pic of my mom and dad

My uncle and aunt

A few selected random pics..

A Sprouts opened near us so Amy woke up at
630am to go for the grand opening.. she got two
bags and a few goodies (yes, she's crazy :)


A great picture of Kai from his last BJJ tournament

Sora at Jaime's birthday party with some of her best friends

Giant slide!

Went for my colonoscopy.. overall process wasn't bad at all..
prep was a bit of a pain in the you know where though :D

Went to Xmas in the Park with Sora's Girls Scouts

Just the five of us :)

Our small group had our end of year celebration at our house.  We were just going to do an easy potluck but Bonnie had to suggest getting BBQ from Texas instead.  Yes, that's BBQ flown in from Rudy's in Texas.  It was very good though so were the smoked beef ribs by Chinh and bbq pork ribs by the Kimballs.  Everyone else brought sides and a good time was had by all :)

We've become more involved in the church this year which is a good thing

BBQ delivery!

That's a lot of meat!  And that's not even all of it :)

I may have mentioned before but our school district has had declining enrollments and they were looking at consolidating and closing three schools in our area.  At the last public meeting in early Dec, somehow Noble, our school, came up at the last hour even though it had never been on the list for closing.  It was very stressful for us and Amy got very involved in getting people together to protest, write letters to the school board members and rallying to go to the final voting session.  She even spoke at the meeting and the kids made signs to help support.  In the end, our schools were both fine and we're very proud of Amy for stepping up when called.

The signs all reflect the kids' personalities.. Sora is
neat and detailed, Jad is colorful and random

Kai's is silly

Sagar got married last year and has a baby due in March so he wanted to take a babymoon.  He and Harsha got on an amtrak in Chicago then rode cross country for 48 hours to end up in San Francisco.  I was able to go up last weekend and meet up with them.  Despite drizzle and cold, it was great to spend time with those guys.  

We walked to the Ferry Building.. so very bougie but
still fun to see all the markets and unique stores

We ended up walking along Ocean Beach

to the Sutro Baths

I like this statue outside of the visitor center

Dinner at Dalida.. Harsha told them it was
Sagar's birthday (not actually) for free dessert :)

A couple silly pics to end the year..

Why are the boys so silly?  I think Sora did not want any part of this picture ..

One more pic of Jad clinging to my leg at church for fun..
like I said, this phase won't last for much longer so
I will try to enjoy it as much as possible :D

That's it.  It's Christmas Eve so I hope everyone has a great end of 2024 week!  Next weekend, we're headed to Tahoe for a few days with LSCC.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Me after eating some very spicy
papaya salad .. See you in 2025!

No comments:

Post a Comment