Thursday, April 23, 2015

Starting solids

In preparation for my impending return to work, we decided to start Sora on solids. She absolutely hates the bottle, so we're trying to see if we can at least get her to take some solid food so she won't be starving while I'm at work. Fortunately, I'm only working one day a week, so I hope it won't be a big deal and worst case scenario: Nik can drive Sora to the hospital and I can feed her during my lunch break (I hope it doesn't come to that!). Not really sure how she felt about her first solid food meal. She ate it at first, but by the end she was thrusting her tongue out and let the food dribble down her chin.

"I'm not sure how I feel about this..."

Kai continues to be duck obsessed and is talking up a storm. His pronunciation isn't always correct so we have a hard time understanding him, then Kai will then get super frustrated, and yell or cry. Fun times. :P Perhaps since we don't understand him all the time, he's taken up baby sign language again and signs for "more" occasionally.


Kai got sick this past week, but fortunately it came and went relatively quickly. Hopefully his immune system is more resilient these days. Since Kai had a fever on Sunday, we passed on going to church and decided to hit the Campbell farmer's market instead. Sora fell asleep in the stroller and Kai was a bit out of it, but we had a fun time munching on samples.

Feeling crummy here..

.. but now back to his usual hi-jinks.

Nik's mom is back from Portland and Sora's moved into our room again. In spite of a rough first night, yesterday went pretty smoothly. Fingers crossed that that will remain the case, otherwise, she's getting kicked out of our room to sleep with the chinchillas (No joke!).

"Wha-! Sleep with the chinchillas?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment