Last weekend, Nik managed to get away for part of the weekend to go caving with some friends. He had a good time, but his pants and shoes were completely destroyed from climbing around in the mud. Of course that means that I stayed at home with Nik's mom and the kids, we managed to get through the weekend and we even took Kai to a birthday party for one of Kai's daycare friends. Kai had fun running around, playing with the friendly neighborhood cat and eating special party food (i.e., juice and cake.. he actually wanted juice
over cake!).
 |
| Mmm.. cake! |
We're already starting to see summer-like weather.. last Thursday was in the 90's! Though I'm not particularly fond of hot weather, we're enjoying the bounty of the summer. Kai continues to loves his berries. Blueberries are his favorite and we've been harvesting them off our blueberry bush in the backyard. Kai is also enjoying watermelon and tomato.
 |
| Nom nom.. |
I went back to work this past Tuesday. Even though Sora still hasn't taken to the bottle, the day wasn't a complete disaster as I had feared. Nik and Grandma Ben tried to feed her the bottle and solid foods, but she just wasn't having it. Even though she didn't eat, she was generally happy. But last night, I worked night shift and she actually drank an ounce from the bottle.. perhaps this is the start of something? (fingers crossed!)
 |
| I don't know about this, grandma... |
Kai has been learning his numbers and when Nik gives him a treat, he'll ask him how many he wants. Kai usually replies calling out the highest number possible, starting with an enthusiastic, "three!" then "four!" and so forth. It's funny, when he counts, he skips over six and seven, so when he counts it's, "three, four, five, eight, nine."
Kai likes drinking the smoothies Nik makes and calls them, "shakes," the other day he insisted on drinking it without the lid and straw and ended up with a green mustache. :)
And.. a silly hat picture. Just because.
 |
| An outtake |
No comments:
Post a Comment