Sunday, December 6, 2015

Party on!

It's the holiday season and 'tis the season to party! Last weekend, we went to Joanna and Peter's wedding and had a great child-free (!!) evening. We had an early curfew (we only stayed until the cake was served), but had an excellent time. Big thanks to my parents, Matthew, Chris and April who pulled together to help us watch the kids. The kids did remarkably well with the babysitting which makes us hopeful that maybe we may be able to sneak out more often without them.

So excited to be out and about without the kids..

.. and a more normal shot of the two of us. :P

Mamas' night out

This week was quieter work and childcare wise. Midweek, I took Sora out to a coworker's baby shower. She did really well and everyone was impressed with how cute and well-behaved she was (I think she was just showing off in front of strangers).

This weekend was also heavy with social engagements. We went to Joshua's 5th birthday party at Pump It Up.. this is already our second Pump It Up birthday party and I think this is now our new normal since we have two small children. Kai had a good time running and bouncing around, and Sora really enjoyed the (Fred Flintstone) foot pedal car and eating pizza. Nik and I were amazed that both of our kids actually sat still for the group picture.



"Nom nom pizza."

In the evening, we went to the LSCC Christmas party, Phuong gave Kai a new Thomas and Friends engine (Stanley in Space.. an engine wearing a space helmet. Why? Don't ask for any logic.) and we tried to take a family picture in front of the Christmas tree with mixed results.


Love, Sex and Dating?? Not so fast, little girl!

Not quite Christmas card material

And just this evening we went to another holiday party. Needless to say, our social calendar is pretty full. Perhaps it's all the social activities, but Kai passed out in front of the Christmas tree this afternoon (he's never fallen asleep on the floor like that before).


That said, I did manage to take out the Christmas tree and put lights on it, but that's as far as I've gotten since I can't find half of our Christmas decorations (oh, the joys of moving). Perhaps it's for the best.. a decorated Christmas tree with two small and mobile children is a dangerous thing.

This week, I also received my Black Friday Christmas present to myself: an electric pressure cooker! I made chili the other day and I'm excited to learn new pressure cooker recipes. Sora's excited to have a new box to play with.


Now that Sora is more mobile, she's gotten quite good at getting all up in Kai's stuff. Kai isn't too happy about that, but it's going to be interesting to see their relationship continue to develop as Sora becomes even more mobile and interactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment