Monday, July 31, 2017

Nik's resolution

A brief guest post by Nik...

A couple thoughts..

Sometimes when I hug Sora after a long day at work or when she's being particularly cuddly, I'll say "my beautiful, Sora".. recently she's taken to replying "my beautiful, baba."  Heart melts..

On our recent camping trip with our church friends, we saw a lot of the older kids run off to play with each other leaving the parents behind.  I have some mixed feelings about this as I can see that it would be nice to get some sort of independence back after taking care of the kids for so long but there's also some sadness because when the kids get older, they don't need you so much anymore.  So tonight I asked Kai if he'd eventually go off on his own with his friends and leave me and he said "no, baba, I'm going to stay with you all day and all day and all day because I love you."

I know it's not going to last forever, so I've resolved to enjoy this for as long as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment