I haven't been able to keep up with the blog recently. We went to Vancouver at the end of June and after 4th of July, the kids and I were sick.. an ordeal which lasted over two weeks. Anyway, we've got even more things ahead of us in the coming weeks, so I had better update while I can.
Picking up where we left off, it was mid-June and we were in the midst of a heat wave in San Jose. The temperatures peaked up to 100 degrees, but we still went out to celebrate Leo's birthday at Emma Prusch Farm. While the kids normally love exploring the park and playground, it was so hot that we stayed indoors for most of the party, though the bubble gun party favors were a real hit! Many of the of the kids at the party were Bright Star graduates, it's sad but I think that Kai and Sora have completely forgotten them.. I guess that's just how it is with young children.
For Father's Day, so I had the kids make a craft project for Nik. It wasn't as messy as last year, I guess the kids
are maturing. The results weren't quite Pinterest-worthy, but I think the effort was appreciated all the same.
Unfortunately Nik had to work that evening so he wasn't able to join us for Father's Day dinner at Outback, but we did get lunch together at In-n-Out (almost as good, if not better!).
 |
| Someone loves their stickers... |
Ophelia and Sue stopped by to visit us a couple of weeks ago. It was great to see them and catch up, the kids loved their gifts.. especially a silly book called
Feminist Baby.
The evening after Ophelia and Sue stopped by, I had to work a night shift.. so the next morning, Nik did his best to get the kids out of the house so I could get some rest. After a stop a the creek to see the tadpoles, Nik and the kids walked all the way to the library.. two toddlers, nearly a mile, and no stroller. Of course it took over an hour, but I was duly impressed. Fortunately, I was awake by the time they wanted a ride home, so I gave them a lift back.
 |
| "That looks heavy, Kai-Kai.." |
 |
| ".. let's carry it together!" |
With the summer heat, there's been plenty of opportunities to play outside or cool down with treats.
 |
| Kai vs. the bubble |
 |
| Free Jamba to celebrate the Dub's NBA championship! |
 |
| "You wanna share, Sora?" |
No comments:
Post a Comment