This past weekend, we celebrated Sora and Liam's birthdays with a proper birthday party. And even though it's December and freezing, we let Sora wear whatever she wanted to that day, and she decided to wear her sparkly blue dress. Yukari did a great job planning and coordinating everything, and all that we were responsible for was ordering and picking up the food (thank you, Shaws!). The kids enjoyed decorating explorer hats and the dinosaur egg hunt in the backyard. For me and Jad, this party marked the emergence from our sequestration and it felt great to go out and hang out with friends again.
 |
| Birthday kids! |
Since Evelyn's pony-themed birthday party, Sora has had a thing for ponies and unicorns, so she absolutely loves the stuffed Fluttershy that she got as a gift.. it's replaced baby penguin (who had replaced blue kitty) as her favorite stuffed friend.
 |
| Love the Sora-sized kitty chair! |
Nik took the kids to the dentist last week and both kids reportedly did great (although we heard that Sora may need to have braces because of her tiny jaw). I love the goofy sunglasses!
We're also starting to get our act together and managed to take a couple of decent pictures of the three kids together.
 |
| Sora's cheese face, tho.. |
 |
| .. and here it is again |
 |
| A picture of the band |
I think Sora's sleep has finally gotten better. Tonight she didn't come out of her room at all and putting her to bed isn't a fight anymore. On the other hand, sleep with Jad hasn't gotten any better and I'm co-sleeping with him just so I can get
some rest (I know.. bad NICU nurse). Next week, Nik and I are planning to do some rudimentary sleep training with him since things can't continue this way and Nik is going to return to work soon. Fingers crossed!
 |
| Hard to be mad with a face like this.. |
No comments:
Post a Comment