Oh, man, I'm falling behind on the blogposts.. granted there has been a lot going on the last few weeks.
We went up to visit Pearl and Simon in SF on a random weekend. It's always hard to convince the kids to drive a long distance to see some family they don't really know but we think it's important to show them that our lives are important too. It was really nice to see Pearl and Amy was able to catch up with her while Simon and I took the kids to the nearby playground. Pearl is doing well, taking some time off work and for herself which is really something we all should do honestly. We had pineapple buns from Pineapple King Bakery (coming to Fremont soon, supposedly) and then went for noodles at Ramen Yamadaya. Kai got along instantly with Mason. It's funny how he clicks with some kids and not with others :)
 |
| Ramen in Japantown! |
 |
| The Lai cats, after a recent hair trimming |
Four of the RCC fams also went to the Kidz Bop concert. What's Kidz Bop, you ask? Well, basically they get kids to learn pop songs and a mini dance routine and then put on a concert. It's a thing apparently. It was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed doing something different. Sora and Jad loved it, Kai was more ambivalent but I think he did enjoy a different venue and seeing what a concert was like. The parents got sauced at the pre-party in the parking lot so everyone enjoyed the silliness.
 |
| Kidz Bop pre-party |
 |
| These are so cute ladies! |
 |
| Lawn seats at the Shoreline |
 |
Sora had a blast but she loves music and dancing so it was natural |
 |
| Jad too :) |
 |
| The after Kidz Bop party :D |
We introduced the kids to South Asian food at Savaranaa Bhavan. The same chain I ate at with Harsha and David when I recently when I went to NYC. The kids like the dosa but not all the strong tastes of the various items. Sora ate the most as she's got the most adventurous palate. Later, we all suffered the rumbles in the bronx.. I don't know if we're going back anytime soon.
 |
| The dosa is massive! |
We also managed to sneak out one day to see Alice. We had originally intended to take the kids but they were playing with the neighbors and refused to come so we just went. It was nice to see her and her two boys. They are very big now and very nice. We had dinner at the local Korean place in Milpitas and enjoyed catching up. It's been forever since we got to see her so it was really awesome.
 |
| Alice, Luca and Milo |
Lastly (for now), I turned 46 a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't feel any different though I'm coming to the mid life point where I'm evaluating my career and life to see if everything is in order. More on that in the next entry but it was nice to celebrate with our neighbors. The Aoalins' freezer defrosted so there as a turkey that was already thawed so we decided to smoke it and then we had a faux Thanksgiving birthday .. a good time was had by all.
 |
| Pretty good for a first time turkey smoker |
 |
| The eventual spread was delicious |
 |
No, we did not get a 4th kid! I just happened to be holding Jasper at that time :) |
That's it for now. We just got back from Kaua'i so I will work on that next and then we're off to DC to meet with Joe and Chris and their familes so that should be fun. Very busy this month!!
No comments:
Post a Comment