So, we got back to Kauai and had about 9 days before leaving for DC. We were super busy that week actually but somehow managed to keep it together. Note to self: don't plan two vacations so close together in the future!
Sora had a camporee event with the girl scouts. She went with a group of about 10 girls and two parents, which were not us. It sounds like it was a lot of fun and I'm glad she's getting to do some more independent things. We were concerned about her making friends with other girls in the past but that seems to have improved already. Amy is doing a lot of work rallying her troop so hopefully it's showing Sora how you can make a difference if you take the lead for something. We're not sure if we'll continue next year and for the moment are seeing how this year goes.
![]() |
| Making slime, I think |
![]() |
| It was a pretty big event |
I thought it might be a good thing for Kai to try something different and join Scouts (no longer called Boy Scouts because girls can join too, which I think is good) but he didn't have that much interest. I'd love for him to find something he's really interested in. He's ok with soccer and jujitsu but really interested in video games, board games and stuff like minecraft and pokemon. We'll see, still got lots of time and he's got middle school next year which should expose him to more clubs and groups to join.
![]() |
| Jad had his first field trip.. a walk to the nearby library :) |
Sora also went to celebrate Evelyn's birthday with a sleepover but we didn't have any pictures as we weren't there :p
![]() |
| Amy looks very happy here but I think she's just a bit drunk :D |
Lastly, Sora's class also had a field trip to Gizdich farm for apple picking. She had a fun time and we're lucky Amy was able to go with her.
![]() |
| Field trip group! |
![]() |
| Pick those apples |
Short post. That's it for now. Next time, DC!






No comments:
Post a Comment