Yesterday was decidedly low-key. The kids finally woke up at a decent time. Jad was up at 6 and Kai and Sora woke up after 7. What a revelation and a relief to finally be done with jet lagged kids (of course, I write this after Jad woke up at 4 this morning :P). We wandered through the nearby market in an attempt to get to the park, but the heat and humidity (and whiny children) won us over and we didn't make it out there. Though they're enjoying Thai desserts and snacks, the kids have been pretty unadventurous when it comes to eating, so after a breakfast of refusing to try foods and "I don't like it," I bought some chicken nuggets (from a legit Thai store.. but looks like a nugget and tastes like a nugget).
First reaction walking into the market: "it smells!" -_-
Ice cream and a shoulder ride from Nik after complaining about her legs hurting
No problems eating chicken nuggets...
Nik then took the kids to cool off at the pool while Jad napped.
Sleeping cutie
In the afternoon, we took the train and a ferry to the new, high-end mall: the ICONSIAM. Walking inside, it felt as if we had wandered into a Las Vegas hotel.
The kids really enjoyed the ferry ride
Kai and Sora loved this interactive video screen
Taken by Kai <3
We walked through the shiny Apple Store to a small riverfront park and managed to take a family picture. As we explored the park, we felt a few raindrops and as everyone rushed back inside, the few drops turned into a deluge.. it is monsoon season, after all.
Jad insisted on pushing Sora in the stroller. What a strange, opinionated baby we have
The kids enjoyed the numerous opportunities for photo ops and loved hamming it up for the camera.
Strike a pose!
Started off with these two..
.. and then #3 felt compelled to jump into the shot. FOMO :P
Haha. Jad's face
On the top floor is a very impressive water feature.. which means: MORE PICTURES!
We then watched the riverfront water fountain show before heading back home.
I don't know if Nik and I would've stopped at a place like ICONSIAM before we had kids. It's a pretty ostentatious display of wealth in what is still a not-so-prosperous country. But it certainly is an enjoyable spectacle and sometimes it's easiest to take the path of least resistance while traveling with kids.
Love your blog post! I read every post and enjoyed your updates on the kids and pictures of delicious foods! Glad the kiddos are getting better with the time difference. Miss you all!
Love your blog post! I read every post and enjoyed your updates on the kids and pictures of delicious foods! Glad the kiddos are getting better with the time difference. Miss you all!
ReplyDeleteThanks! We miss you guys too! We'll see you soon.. hard to believe this trip is more than halfway over..
DeleteAmy and Nik, I want to go to Thailand too now! :)
ReplyDeleteFun seeing you two, Kai, Sora, and Jad having fun!