Monday, October 12, 2015

Ambulating with assist

Sora is getting better and better at walking these days. I let her walk with her walker and she'll slowly make her way across the living room floor. We still have to monitor her, because her balance isn't perfect, but she's certainly getting there. She sometimes will push up onto her hands and knees, and it looks as if she's going to crawl, but usually she just ends up flopping onto her belly.


With Kai, the Thomas phase is in full swing. Kai knows the names of numerous Thomas and Friends engines and (for the most part) will only borrow library books which are Thomas-related. Nik and I listen to Thomas and Friends music all the time (horrible music, yet strangely catchy) and Kai will beg us to watch "Thomas TV." He has one wooden Thomas engine.. but other than that, we don't own any other Thomas toys, so Kai has improvised. He pretends his plastic vehicle beads are Thomas engines. :)

Red is "Rheneas" and green is "Percy"

Kai has adjusted to Bright Star with flying colors. He may cry with protest momentarily when we drop him off, but he's done as soon as the door closes. The other day, Kai and I went to the library after I picked him up from daycare and one of his classmates was there. She recognized him immediately, saying, "Kai-Kai," and they played together at the playground. I'm glad that he's making new friends.

Kai and Athena

We went to Emma Prusch Farm this weekend. This time we were prepared for the wishing well and came with a handful of pennies. Kai also saw some ponies in the barn. He's become such a prolific climber that he climbed up onto the railing on his own.



Sora has always liked swings although Kai has never been crazy about them. However after seeing some other kids swinging at the playground, Kai now likes to sit on the swing although he says, "no go fast." Also, remember when I got a flat tire? We kept the tire and Kai now plays with it in the backyard, calling it "Kai-Kai house."



This morning, Kai wanted to ride in the wagon with Sora and the results were adorable. I only wish I could have gotten a picture of both of them looking at the camera and smiling, but perhaps that's asking for too much.


I love it when Kai smiles for the camera. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment